[BRLTTY] Fedora 33, Braille OK on console, no Braille in GUI

Frans-WIllem Post fwpost at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:37:40 EST 2020

Hello Alexander,

On 21-12-2020 17:09, Alexander Epaneshnikov wrote:
> 21.12.2020 18:24, Frans-WIllem Post пишет:
>> Hello,

>>> does your user in brlapi group?
>>>
>> No, when I try to add my user to it, I get:
>>
>> $ sudo usermod -aG brltty fwiep
>> usermod: group 'brltty' does not exist
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Frans-Willem
>>
> you need to use brlapi group not brltty.
> can you look group that owns /etc/brlapi.key file? basecly you need to make
> this file readable by your user. then orca should be working with brltty.

You are correct - thank you very much!
Now the braille display works in the GUI with Orca, too.

I do need to start "xbrlapi -d :1" manual to get the dot-keys, space and
right rocker bar working. But then, DOT7 for backspace and DOT8 for
Enter still don't work.

Could this be because Fedora detects the Focus 40 as a Focus 3?

Thanks again,
Frans-Willem

--
Met de .ASC-bijlage(n) kan uw e-mailprogramma garanderen dat bovenstaand
bericht van mij afkomstig is, en onderweg niet door derden is aangepast.