[BRLTTY] cannot re install brltty in my gentoo system

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Thu Dec 24 03:41:31 EST 2020

Hi.  I am having problems re installing brltty on my system.  Here is
what I am getting as the final error:

ectory
'/var/tmp/portage/app-accessibility/brltty-6.2/work/brltty-6.2-python3_8/Programs'
set -- --quiet build --build-temp .; \
[ "linux-gnu" != "mingw32" ] || set -- "${@}" --compiler mingw32; \
"/usr/bin/python3.8" ./setup.py "${@}"
[ "linux-gnu" != "mingw32" ] || "/usr/bin/python3.8" ./setup.py
--quiet bdist_wininst --skip-build
set -- --quiet install --skip-build --record "installed-files"; \
[ -z "/var/tmp/portage/app-accessibility/brltty-6.2/image" ] || set --
"${@}" --root "/var/tmp/portage/app-accessibility/brltty-6.2/image"; \
[ -z "" ] || set -- "${@}" --prefix ""; \
"/usr/bin/python3.8" ./setup.py "${@}"
 * ERROR: app-accessibility/brltty-6.2::local_ebuilds failed (install
 phase):
  *   !!! newins: Autostart/Udev/rules does not exist
   *

I can send you the whole build log if necessary.  Where is this
Autostart directory supposed to be and what about Udev/rules?  The
only way I got this to work at all, was to install outside of the
regular gentoo system, but I have to install it in the normal way --
its needed by other packages and so I have to resolve this in some
way.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?