[BRLTTY] 6.2 has been released.

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Thu Dec 24 06:16:29 EST 2020

[quoted lines by John Covici on 2020/12/23 at 17:41 -0500]

>could you tell me what The Scroll-aware Cursor Navigation preference has been
>added is?

It's for when you navigate with emulated cursor keys (which includes page
up/down). There are cases, e.g. when you're on the bottom line and do cursor
down, when the cursor doesn't actually move at all because the screen scrolls
up. Since, in such cases, the cursor doesn't move, cursor tracking isn't
triggered. This preference first moves the braille display to where the cursor
is so that it's in the right place even if the cursor doesn't move.

There may well be a better name for this preference, but I wasn't going to
delay 6.2 just because of that. Maybe people can suggest a better name.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |