[BRLTTY] cannot re install brltty in my gentoo system

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Thu Dec 24 11:38:54 EST 2020

I will ask in the gentoo list and see what they say -- there may be a
reason why they did this, or maybe since a lot of this was done about
5.3, maybe you didn't have those then.  If I were to do make  instead
where would the system units go?  For gentoo they should be in
/lib/systemd/system  .

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 10:50:43 -0500,
Dave Mielke wrote:

> I should also make sure to mention that there are two more systemd units -
> brltty.path and brltty at .path - that also need to be installed.
>
> Really, we provide make files that do all of these things. How can any
> distribution ever get it right when it wants to try to get it all right its own
> way? Code duplication is never good!
>
> --
> I believe the Bible to be the very Word of God: http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> Dave Mielke            | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
> EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc  | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
> Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici at ccs.covici.com