[BRLTTY] Newbie curious about Inceptor braille display driver.

tony seth larimer420 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 03:53:52 EST 2020

Well hello again Dave:
I got a rather interesting update, and a question.
First, the question, and then the update.
The question is:
does the BrailleMe work with streight usb as well as bluetooth?
Now for the update.
I've done a factory reset on my Brailleme now that I had time to back
off from things for a bit, and re-installed Brltty so as to have a
nice clean environment to start out from.
>From here, I've made sure that Brltty doesn't start when the computer
starts, and have uncommented the Inceptor driver in the drivers list,
and bluetooth in the devices list.
I'm sticking to the command line method as I get more feedback from that.
I've gotten the Brailleme to pair consistantly, and have trusted the
device, this time using an usb bluetooth dongle and actually got it to
connect once out of many times. It worked very well, but then I went
to close the connection and the device locked up so I had to hard
restart it.
I couldn't get it to connect after that, although I can get it to pair
consistantly.
I don't start Brltty until I know that the device is paired, and I
really can't remember what I managed to do to get it to connect,
because I was so surprised at the time that it did.
I'll keep trying, but any help would be welcome, especially now that
I've seen it work. Thanks much, and take care...
Cheereo!