[BRLTTY] Newbie curious about Inceptor braille display driver.

tony seth larimer420 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 23:11:08 EST 2020

Hiya there again Dave!
Wow, I can see that once again, you've been very busy over there.
At the time of my last writing which was I think around Sunday, when I
used bluetooth I had to use the Hims driver or the Brailleme would
respond with "connection failed."
I just got your message today, as it's the weekend again, and now
indeed I can choose the inceptor driver and all the bluetooth problems
I was having did indeed go away.
Now it works just fine!
I find that it's better to shut down the computer first, as sometimes
the Brailleme locks up when I try to close out of the connection from
the device, but it did that with the previous versions of Brltty when
I tried to close the connection from the device as well.
I only found one thing wich I found weird, and can be replicated.
I had occasion to type something which has in the middle of it a
capital s. When I switched the caps lock on and typed the capital s
and then toggled it off, I finished typing the rest of the word, only
to find that the capital s didn't get typed.
I could type the phrase from my normal keyboard, as it is one of my
passwords and it gets typed fine.
Not sure what to think about that but I thought you'd like to know.
Otherwise, I just now have to figure out why brlapi doesn't run when I
am using orca, I think that's a Tony problem though, so I'll work on
that more before I post about it.
Thanks bunches again though, Brltty is awesome!
Take care...
Cheereo!