[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and SSH from Windows

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Wed Jul 1 06:42:41 EDT 2020

Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:

> I had to reinstall my Windows pc at work. Previously I used BRLTTY and
> Cygwin SSH to access remote servers. That worked pretty well. Anyway I'd
> like to ask if it's better, nowadays, to use the linux console in
> Windows, than using Cygwin.

I had pretty good results with WSL (1 and 2).  Works pretty nicely, and
is pretty easy to install.

> Is it possible to install BRLTTY with apt-get and use it from the
> Linux console?

I never tried this.  I use a normal Windows screen reader (JAWS and/or
NVDA in my case).

BTW, if all you need is ssh, Windows 10 comes with ssh preinstalled.  So
depending on your requirements, it might be enough to just use that from
cmd.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕