[BRLTTY] Braille Tables

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Mon Mar 30 19:46:23 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by Devin Prater on 2020/03/30 at 18:20 -0500]

>I have a question about the braille tables being used. I am used to reading in
>UEB Braille, as that’s what’s on my iPhone, Mac, Windows, just about
>everything. Most things work well, but there are some contraction issues. The
>main one is the EA sign in the word “learn,” where it should be Le, then the
>AR sign, then n. Does BRLTTY use the Liblouis tables, or its own?

The default is for brltty to use its own contraction tables. You can, however,
specify the louis: prefix followed by the full path to a liblouis table.

If you have a list of problems that you're aware of, please post them so
they'll get fixed.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |