[BRLTTY] Prompt matching, again

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Fri Sep 18 11:05:41 EDT 2020

Hi

Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> writes:
 > When prompt patterns are being used, should it match the whole line? That can
 > be done.

Yes, I think so. Many shell prompts contain space by default. Then there are
programs like ipython, which has the following kind of prompt:

In [n]:

whre n is the input line number. Defining "^In" as a prompt pattern causes a
lot of things which are not prompts to match it.

 > This has now been fixed. This fix makes the previous issue - matching prompt
 > patterns against the whole line - easy to do.

Great! Thank you very much. I'll check it out.

BTW, I think I found memory leaks from the regex handling/prompt matching
code, but I'm not entirely sure, because I don't know anything about BRLTTY's
memory management. Should I report what I found?

--
Aura