[BRLTTY] Fwd: Support for BRLTTY : REG

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 29 11:07:58 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by balaji s on 2020/09/29 at 10:57 +0530]

>We need support on integrating our RBD with Google Brailleback / BRLTTY
>services.

You "need", or you "would like"? You've been repeatedly sending the same
message, which is making a demand instead of a request. That's why I haven't
been answering you. While you do have the privilege of asking us for
assistance, what you most certainly don't have is the right to demand that we
do whatever you want.

Do you understand that we're a bunch of volunteers who do this work for free in
our spare time? Noone has the right to make demands on that!

>We are currently working on a USB / Bluetooth driver for BRLTTY app. For
>Bluetooth connectivity, we planned to use DA14531 BLE module
><https://www.dialog-semiconductor.com/products/bluetooth-module-da14531-smartbond-tiny>
>from Dialog semiconductor.

I'm not a hardware person. None of us should need to be. You design your
communication protocol (USB, Bluetooth, serial, or whateer), and then you write
a driver that implements it. It's that simple.

>Can you provide me documentation for developing driver , integrating with
>BRLTTY app for in-house testing.

There isn't any documentation. Start with the source in
Drivers/Braille/Skeleton/braille.c, and look at any of the other drivers for
examples on how to do what you need. You'll also eed to add an appropriate line
to configure.ac in the top-level directory so that brltty will know about the
driver.

>Awaiting your reply at earliest.

Again, I interpret this as rude rather than as polite. It isn't for you to tell
me when I should reply. And anyway, a term like "earliest" is relative. For all
you know, for me the earliest opportunity to reply to you might be ten years
from now. :-) In this specific case, to me the term "earliest" meant after I
think you've waited long enough to learn a very important lesson in how to deal
with others.

>I've been trying to contact the developer team for the past two months.

Sure, and I finally decided that this was the "earliest" time to reply.

>No reply yet

Well, you finally got one now. :-) Maybe it isn't the sort of reply that you
were looking for, but you can't deny that it indeed is a reply.

>please do the needful.

Yet another example of what I interpret as unprovoked rudeness. I, not you,
decide what is and what isn't needful for me to do.

And I might as well throw in one more: It's pretty clear to me that your
message probably didn't go through brltty's mailing list server. Why did you do
that? Why did you try to fake your message to make it appear as though it did?
That's dishonest!

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |