[BRLTTY] Installed latest BRLTTY on Android but Chorded commands for Global Actions not working (using Brailliant BI 40)

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 8 11:06:49 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Vivien Palcic on 2021/06/08 at 22:09 +0800]

Hi:

>I had wondered about that, and I was trying the command with all keys pressed
>at the same time, but also as a sequence.

Do other chords work? For example, does Space+h (dots 125) take you to brltty's help screen? As I recall, the Brailliant BI has a menu setting to turn the keyboard on/off. It could be, therefore, that your keyboard is simply turned off.

If you're sure that your keyboard is turned on then I'd suggest to practice those multi-key chords just in case getting all the keys pressed at the same time is a bit tricky for you to do.

>Unfortunately, I also don't know how to get the device's log.

The first thing you need to do is to install Android's SDK (software development kit) on your computer. That'll give you the adb (Android debug bridge) command. It has a logcat function for getting the log.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |