[BRLTTY] Help to create a new braille device

Jagdish Panda jagdishpanda1729 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 09:35:54 EDT 2021

Thanks for your response.
I agree with you regarding the power consumption. Motors might take more
than the piezoelectric system. So to reduce the power consumption, ultra
low power proxy sensors are embedded on board which turns on the display
cells when a finger is near by. So, the device gains longer battery life.
Also this is the sacrifice we are making to reduce the cost of the braille
display by 10 times.

Regarding the drivers, Voyager EasyLink device interface has more
similarities to our device. Only difference is that our device has 10
braille display cells where as EasyLink 12 has 12 cells.

So, can you please guide me on how to use Voyager protocol with Bluetooth
and what data structures to send from the device and the format that it
will receive from BRLTTY for displaying.

 Warm Regards,
Jagdish