[BRLTTY] Fwd: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun May 9 05:13:03 EDT 2021

Dave Mielke, le dim. 09 mai 2021 05:03:27 -0400, a ecrit:
> [quoted lines by halim.sahin at freenet.de on 2021/05/09 at 10:19 +0200]
>
> >   The problem reported is  not a speech only problem I think.
>
> Specifying a2:type=terminal screen driver parameter tells the AtSpi2 screen driver to only pay attention to terminal windows

No, please reread tryRestartTerm, it only uses the typeFlags array to
determine the quality returned by the screen reader. If there is no text
to read it will return SCQ_NONE indeed since it has nothing to say. But
if there is text to read, whatever the type it will return at least
SQC_POOR, and speech will speak it, which is indeed what is expected
when brltty is alone as a screen reader.

Samuel