[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Tue May 11 11:42:53 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-11 at 17:24 +0200, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
 > Aura Kelloniemi, le mar. 11 mai 2021 18:18:56 +0300, a ecrit:
 > > Now my question is: why is .count set to 0 and .isArray to false for string
 > > parameterss, even though strings are arrays of characters. Shouldn't arrays of
 > > char and int get the same handling?

 > If they were really an array like BRLAPI_PARAM_RENDERED_CELLS, i.e.
 > indexed by something, yes. But strings are really a series of characters
 > that all go together, and bindings will usually completely distinguish
 > that from real arrays of characters.

Ok, so this is again a question about semantic versus representational arrays.
I am not trying to dictate the API, just wondering.

I should now be able to write my parameter handling interface for Rust with
the information that I received, and if the API changes, I will adapt to that.

Thanks for all the answers!

--
Aura