[BRLTTY] Regression: Making selection in BRLTTY clear X clipboard

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Fri Nov 5 08:48:55 EDT 2021

Hello,

I'm using a self-built BRLTTY (6.4.r176.g9da8c89fe). It has a bug: whenever I
make a text selection (i.e. use the CLIP_... commands) xbrlapi clears the X
clipboard. BRLTTY clipboard is not affected, and works as expected. Therefore
I expect this bug to be in xbrlapi.

For example, if I select text in X (with keyboard) and copy this text to X
clipboard, the text can be pasted normally (with keyboard or BRLTTY). But if I
do any text selection with BRLTTY, the X clipboard becomes empty. So pasting
with keyboard results in no activity. Pasting with BRLTTY is still possible,
because it uses its own clipboard.

I can try to provide more information, if needed.

Thanks for your time!

--
Aura