[BRLTTY] TSI braille display protocol

Songpakorn Punongong songpakorn at read-ring.com
Sat Nov 20 01:37:24 EST 2021

Dear Dave,

Thank you for the comments. I will update the firmware accordingly.
Actually this is what I am looking for to develop the firmware.

Can you point me to other standards that I need to comply with?

Blessings
Song

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 7:23 PM Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> [quoted lines by Songpakorn Punongong on 2021/11/19 at 11:28 +0700]
>
> >The protocol for braille code in Bluetooth strings is very simple. It
> >starts with [brl] followed by a hexadecimal number for each column of
> >braille stream.
>
> I think it'd be a good idea if you were to add a cell count before the
> braille cells as that'd allow you to have braille displays of various sizes
> without altering the protocol. Of course, you should then also have a way
> to query the cell count.
>
> >Each bit of that number represents each row of braille cells. For example,
> >the bluetooth string "[brl]703370337033" will display "LGLGLG" on the
> >device.
>
> I think you should be using the official standard for this, i.e. ISO
> 11548-1. Dot1 is 0X01, Dot2 is 0X02, ..., Dot8 is 0X80. Not only is this a
> standard, but it's also compatible with the Unicode Braille Patterns row.
>
> --
> I believe the Bible to be the very Word of God: http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> Dave Mielke            | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
> EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc  | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
> Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |

Songpakorn Punongong, Mr.
CEO & CTO

ReadRing Co., Ltd.
Tax ID: 0105560141347
www.read-ring.com
328/1 Memorial Building of Ray C. and Elizabeth Downs, 2nd Floor
PhayaThai Road, Thanon Phetchaburi Sub-district, Ratchathewi District
Bangkok 10400, THAILAND
+66813510162