[BRLTTY] Windows, Can't run Brlapi-0.8.3.win32.exe even though I've installed Python 3.1 64-bit and 3.8 32-bit

shawn klein kb7clx at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 14:16:34 EDT 2021

Hi, I’m trying to figure out how to use the NLS e-reader as a braille display for NVDA, but it seems to be unworkable at every turn. When I try to run Brlapi-0.8.3.win32 I get that I don’t have Python-32 installed. If I try to set up a com port for the E-reader in Bluetooth settings, I get an error message that the device isn’t running a serial com port service. Can someone direct me to a windows installer of the correct version of 32-bit python I need so I can run Brlapi-0.8.3.win32?
Library staff can’t seem to be able to subscribe me to the NLS E-reader list, so I’m asking here.
Thanks.
Shawn Klein

Sent from Mail for Windows