[BRLTTY] Which alternate writable directory would you recommend?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri Oct 15 18:52:06 EDT 2021

Hello,

Per the request of a Slint user I will allow regular users to start brltty.

I have have run brltty-user, then included this line in the configure
-with-privilege-parameters=lx:user=brltty,lx:path=/bin:/usr/bin,ls:sfcmode=log,lx:shell=/bin/bash
\
and run brltty-setcaps.

So far, so good, brltty works as regular user, however I have in syslog:
Oct 16 00:22:36 ici brltty[11872]: Ne peut pas créer de répertoire:
/run/brltty: Permission non accordée

grep /run /proc/mounts gives:
tmpfs /run tmpfs
rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=32768k,mode=755,inode64 0 0
tmpfs /var/run tmpfs
rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=32768k,mode=755,inode64 0 0

So I assume that I need to choose an alternate writable directory.

Questions:
1. Is this correct?
2. Which one would you recommend?

Best regards,