[BRLTTY] Latest humanware/APH devices and brltty on Android

henk.abma at gmail.com henk.abma at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 08:53:52 EDT 2021

Hi,

I remember there being some discussion about devices like the Mantis Q40 or
the Braillant BI40X and their use on Android, however since I did not have
access to such a device at that time I didn't follow the topic.

Now I have a user who likes these devices but wants to be able to use a
BI40X with both the PC and her Android device. I have borrowed a Mantis Q40
from our local supplier to see what was possible, but it looks like brltty
doesn't recognize it.

According to the supplier, this has something to do with the used protocol
and changes would have to be made on Android to make support for these
devices possible.

Does anyone know more about the state of support for these devices and what,
if anything, is needed to make supporting these devices possible?

With kind regards,

Henk.