[BRLTTY] Support for braille display alva 570 satellite 80 cells on Android

discapacidad5 discapacidad5 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 18:52:09 EDT 2022

For a long time I have been looking for supports for alba satellite 570
braille displays. And apparently there are only drivers for very old 32
bits and there has been no way to make it work with 64 bits because the
drivers are not available but recently it provides the operating system
Chrome os with its chromevox screen reader and curiously, despite being a
64-bit operating system when plugging in the brayli screen, it immediately
recognizes it and it works. Digging deeper I found that chromevox uses the
brltty library so I don't understand how Chromevox does braille display can
be recognized and in brltty no

I also understand that chromevox is open source so surely there are the
drivers that are required to make this braylin 64bit screen work could
someone make the arrangements for this to work?

 Once I was asking for help to make a brailleBak with USB support to have
precisely this functionality with the old screens since this screen works
by USB or by serial port but modern computers do not have the serial port
anymore, however brltty has evolved so much that It has a version available
now on Android and perhaps making this briley screen work would be the
salvation for many poor people who barely get these old screens as
donations or auctions