[BRLTTY] Using BRLTTY with touch screen input?

Chevelle cstrobel at crosslink.net
Wed Jul 13 10:11:05 EDT 2022

     The subject of this message talks about touch screen input. Most
Braille displays have keys you can press to input Braille characters.
I'm not sure Linux supports touch screen input on the console.  You
probably need to have a GUI running, such as Mate desktop, along with
       if you want to get touch gestures like Android does.  Somebody
correct me if I'm wrong.  If you have an Android phone and a Braille
display you could try using BRLTTY on that to see how it works.

The Linux on phone support is mostly at a phase where it is useful only
to developers at this point because a lot of the Linux support is in an
Alpha state for any given hardware.  I think Ubuntu Touch now has full
support for a Pixel 3a, hopefully a lot more devices will follow.

See
https://tuxphones.com/google-pixel-3a-full-stable-ubports-linux-ubuntu-touch-feature-support/