[BRLTTY] Connecting braille display to qemu guest machine

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Sep 2 12:19:29 EDT 2022

Hello,

Vsevolod Popov, le ven. 02 sept. 2022 19:08:25 +0300, a ecrit:
> Is it documented somewhere?

It is documented in the -usbdevice option documentation

> I didn't find this short way in qemu's usb emulation section of
> documentation.

Yes, qemu people tend to think that the interface should be very
orthogonal and thus users should have to explicit both the front-end and
the back-end, making it tricky to get it right (here, you have to
understand that you need to also create a braille character device in
addition to the braille virtual device). I had to fight quite a bit to
see the -usbdevice option stay.

> It would be really good to have it somewhere in documentation to prevent
> more similar questions in the list IMHO.

The question is maybe: where would you have looked for it? That's
probably where it should belong :)

Samuel