[BRLTTY] Accessible IP phones?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Dec 5 04:20:13 EST 2005

Jason White <jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> writes:

> Has anyone here had experience with the accessibility of VoIP phones used with
> Linux and Asterisk? Specifically, some phones can apparently be configured by
> a text configuration file which is then uploaded to the phone. This should (in
> theory) enable them to be configured independently without having to see the
> visual display.

Yes, I own a Cisco 2940G (if I remember the product ID correctly)
and that thing can nicely be configured via configuration files
which are put on a tftp server and loaded by the phone on boot.
These phones also have a telnet interface, so you can do some
configuring after the phone has booted.

--
CYa,
  Mario