[BRLTTY] Bug switching from text so graphic mode

Yannick PLASSIARD yan at mistigri.org
Wed Dec 14 12:24:19 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 05:04:17PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Yannick PLASSIARD, le Wed 14 Dec 2005 16:54:58 +0100, a écrit :
> > The problem is that when I execute BRLTTY, and I switch to graphics mode, the program receives a SIGFPE,
>
> Doesn't it dump some core? Else, use ulimit -c unlimited before
> launching the daemon.

Here is a dump of what Brltty said with a "-n -e -l7" command line option, after I ran it and switched to console 7 (graphics mode).
brltty: beeper closed.
brltty: opening console device: /dev/tty0
brltty: console closed: fd=4
brltty: console opened: /dev/tty0: fd=9
brltty: driver suspended
brltty: opening console device: /dev/tty0
brltty: console closed: fd=9
brltty: console opened: /dev/tty0: fd=4
brltty: serial device opened: /dev/ttyUSB0: fd=5
brltty: Braille Display Dimensions: 1 row, 0 columns
brltty: shifts: fwin=1 hwin=0 vwin=5
brltty: driver resumed
brltty: invalid screen area: cols=80 left=0 width=0 rows=30 top=29 height=1
Segmentation fault

Two notes about this :
What does "Driver suspended" and "Driver resumed" means ?
Moreover, I put LogPrint() into my Eurobraille driver when a brl_Reset is sent and when I get version info: and it seems that the Reset is never sent, that's why I never get information about the column number of the connected display...
What happens when I switch into graphics mode, and when I switch back into text mode ?
Thanks