[BRLTTY] Bug switching from text so graphic mode

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Dec 14 12:30:52 EST 2005

Yannick PLASSIARD, le Wed 14 Dec 2005 18:24:19 +0100, a écrit :
> What does "Driver suspended" and "Driver resumed" means ?

One new feature of 3.7.1 is the ability to close() and re-open() the
device whenever it is relevant. This is particularly useful when running
under Windows along another screen reader like JAWS.

Dave, maybe for now this (still experimental?) feature should be enabled
on WINDOWS only? (though developers should still always enable it).

> Moreover, I put LogPrint() into my Eurobraille driver when a brl_Reset is sent and when I get version info: and it seems that the Reset is never sent, that's why I never get information about the column number of the connected display...
> What happens when I switch into graphics mode, and when I switch back into text mode ?

close() is called, and then open() is called again.

Regards,
Samuel