[BRLTTY] BRLTTY for Cygwin

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Jul 9 15:04:31 EDT 2005

Dave Mielke, le Fri 08 Jul 2005 17:38:19 -0400, a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2005/07/08 at 22:24 +0200]
>
> >I know that ther has been done some work to get BRLTTY working under
> >Cygwin. Since the Dos support in Win XP is not too good, and it is not
> >possible to use a dos screen reader for controlling Cygwin's ssh
> >client for instace, it would be great if BRLTTY could be used under
> >Cygwin. How is the state regarding this issue?
>
> Samuel can tell us for sure (I don't have Cygwin in order to verify what I'm
> saying), but I believe you just need to configure BRLTTY on your Cygwin system
> and then make it.

Yes it works. Some drivers (al, ba, bm for braille, and al, cb, bl for
speech) still do not compile, and one can't compile drivers as loadable
objects. But then the Win XP console (hence both DOS and cygwin) can
indeed be read by brltty. But note that brltty can only read the console
from which it was launched, I haven't yet found a clean way to read
other consoles.

Regards,
Samuel