[BRLTTY] Using BrlTTY with a Pacmate display

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 13 09:39:30 EDT 2005

[quoted lines by Darragh on 2005/07/13 at 11:14 +0100]

>I've just read the documents on the brltty web site but after
>installing the brltty rpm where do I go next? I've run brltty from the
>comand prompt as root but aside from hearing some notes nothings happened on
>the display.

You need to tell brltty which driver should be used and how the display is
connected.  The PacMate needs the "fs" (FreedomScientific) driver and will be
connected via USB. To specify this via the command line, run brltty like this:

   brltty -b fs -d usb:

You can also specify these values in brltty's configuration file
(/etc/brltty.conf). Those entries look like this:

   braille-driver fs
   braille-device usb: