[BRLTTY] running brltty wihtout brailledisplay

Andor Demarteau andor at nl.linux.org
Tue Jul 26 17:02:42 EDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
 > How will you operate the speech feature of BRLTTY without any braille
 > display?  BRLTTY still relies on the keys found on a braille display to
 > activate speech.
that wuld be some combination of escape-sequences on the intergrated
keypad.
there are some special functionkeys on it which may in combination with
i.e. arrowkeys may do the trick.

okay, you probably will not be able to get the full functionality which
you get with a braille display, but up/down/left/right repeat and mute may
be enough.

I never used speech under linux so I dunno what would be handi in that
respect.

Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: andor at nl.linux.org
student computer science        www: http://www.nl.linux.org/~andor
UU based & VU guest-student     jabber,icq,msn,voip: do ask ;)