[BRLTTY] Library dependencies of driver modules

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 15 14:50:02 EST 2005

[quoted lines by mlang on 2005/11/15 at 19:09 +0100]

>Can anyone explain the deeper root cause of the following "problem"
>I observed during work on the debian package for brltty 3.7?

The "deeper root" is that the need for cleaning up that problem hadn't yet
overcome my lack of desire to fight with autoconf. :-)

>Is there a way to fix this,

Done in revision 2050. Please test it to ensure that it now does what you need.

>and could we perhaps do a 3.7.1 including
>this fix,

Yes, there are some other fixes which should go into 3.7 as well. I'll wait,
though, until you don't find any more problems (so that we don't end up needing
a 3.7.2). What, for example, about the curses dependency (which really only
exists because of the TTY braille driver)? I'll pursue 3.7.1 as soon as you
tell me that all of your packaging problems have been resolved.