[BRLTTY] Information about status cells through BrlAPI?

Milan Zamazal to-news-brltty at zamazal.org
Thu Oct 13 06:06:43 EDT 2005

I use the binary BrlAPI protocol directly.  The target Braille terminal
contains a line of regular cells and additionally three status cells.
Is there a way in the BrlAPI protocol to: a) find out the status cells
are available and some information about them (such as their number);
b) write something on them?

All I can see in the protocol reference documentation is
BRLPACKET_GETDISPLAYSIZE which returns the size of the main display cell
field and some mention of a display number (I've no idea what it is) in
BRLPACKET_WRITE.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
"Having GNU Emacs is like having a dragon's cave of treasures."
                                                Robert J. Chassell