[BRLTTY] Open audio player

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Oct 23 05:40:29 EDT 2005

A friend recently directed my attention to this:
http://open.neurosaudio.com/
(an audio/video player with completely open - indeed openly designed -
hardware). I expect there will be free/open-source firmware for it as well,
possibly from the manufacturer, and very likely from the community. Apparently
it will run Linux 2.6.

I tried to join the google group discussing this, but any attempt to post was
rejected despite confirmation of my (e-mail) subscription.

Anyway, I thought there might be interest in becoming involved with this to
create, for example, an accessible user interface or to make use of the
hardware for appropriate purposes, e.g., as a Daisy book player. It might even
be possible to run BRLTTY on it.

I haven't mentioned this on any other mailing lists, so please feel free to
discuss it elsewhere as appropriate.