[BRLTTY] braille table

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Sep 22 06:22:36 EDT 2005

[quoted lines by Sérgio Neves on 2005/09/22 at 07:18 +0100]

>Does anybody know the way to change one table or to make a table to portuguese
>braille? Doesn't matter if you don't know the dots corresponding to letters,
>numbers, etc... I'd like to know if there is a syntax to make this table; I
>know the portuguese braille, but I don't know how to make a table.

The table is easy to make. You can make it using your favourite text editor.
All you need to know for a basic table is one type of line which looks like
this:

   byte <value> (<dot>...)

For a lowercase "c", for example, you do:

   byte 99 (14)
or
   byte \x63 (14)

Since the "byte" statement is the most common one, you can even leave off the
word "byte" and it still works. For examples, check out any of the tables in
the "BrailleTables/" subdirectory of BRLTTY's source tree.