[BRLTTY] brltty and Festival Lite

Hermann steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de
Fri Apr 21 11:02:39 EDT 2006

Hi,
thanks again to Dave: Festival speaks after setting "autospeak" to "yes".
Still a few questions:
1. Can I configure the speech to read punctuation and special characters?
2. Is it possible to run braille and speech from startup? Remember, I use a live-CD, and the startup command looks like this:
brltty=bm,/dev/ttyS0,text.de.tbl
Adding a "fl" prevents the braille display from starting.
3. Can I manually restart brltty? The command:
brltty -s fl
in order to add speech seems to start a second copy of the software so that the display gets stuck.
Regards
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)