[BRLTTY] brltty and Festival Lite

Hermann steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de
Mon Apr 24 05:48:08 EDT 2006

Hi Dave,
1. Festival speaks some characters like "/", I think because that
character is important for Linux (separates directories etc.). It
doesn't speak "-" "()" etc.
I think there should be the possibility to choose the amount of
characters, like in screen readers for Windows, where i can decide
whether I want to here none, some, most or all punctuation.
2. I can't update brltty on a live-CD, that's the problem. I guess it
would work on a installed system with
apt-get update brltty
or "upgrade" instead. Perhaps there is a user on this list who can test it.
Regards
Hermann