[BRLTTY] Encorporating python scripts for LaTeX into brltty

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Aug 18 08:13:27 EDT 2006

Hi,

Alastair Irving, le Wed 09 Aug 2006 20:28:53 +0100, a écrit :
> As I work with a lot of documents in LaTeX, (a typesetting language
> widely used for maths and science), I have written a script in python
> which translates a line of a LaTeX file into nemeth maths braille.  I
> would like to get this working with brltty, so it can be used when
> editting documents.

Hmm, can't you just use an utf-8 environment, and have your script
produce utf-8 braille (0x28xy characters)?  Then brltty would just show
it exactly how your script decided to produce it.

This is actually the issue I raised some time ago: being able to read
and type raw braille.  With an utf-8 environment (which is what nowadays
distributions use), this shouldn't be a problem for reading.  And typing
just needs a special shortcut in brltty.

Samuel