[BRLTTY] Bluetooth on FC5

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Tue Aug 22 07:00:30 EDT 2006

OK. I found that the linkkeys file is stored under
/var/lib/bluetooth/<dir>/ on a standard FC5 setup. I deleted the file,
used your bluepin script, and all works fine.

As I can see, it's not possible to use two bt devices at the same
time, e.g. run brltty over bluetooth and also use a mobile phone
over bt to contact an ISP.

Lars

lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no (Lars Bjørndal) writes:

> Hi again, Dave! You wrote:
>
>> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2006/08/18 at 22:45 +0200]
>>
>>>Is there a way to find out if the pin_helper script realy is called? I
>>>tried to put 'echo ctrl-g', which gave me a beep if I executed the
>>>script from the command line. However, while running brltty, I got no sound.
>>
>> Echoing additional data to standard output, i.e. anything more than PIN:1234,
>> will crete an invalid response to Bluetooth when it prompts for the PIN. My
>> suggestion is that you add a line like this to your script:
>>
>>    echo >/tmp/bluepin.log I've been invoked.
>>
>> Then, if the file exists and has the right content, you know for sure that it's
>> been run.
>
> And here is no such file after the script has been run. Some more
> tips?
>
> Best regards
> Lars

Lars Bjørndal <lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no>
Storetveitåsen 15, 5067 Bergen.
Tlf.: 55 28 87 55  Mobil: 958 37 537  Telefaks: 55 28 40 67