[BRLTTY] Bluetooth on FC5

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Aug 22 09:26:06 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2006/08/22 at 13:00 +0200]

>OK. I found that the linkkeys file is stored under
>/var/lib/bluetooth/<dir>/ on a standard FC5 setup.

Thanks. I'll remember that for future debugging.

>I deleted the file, used your bluepin script, and all works fine.

Good.

>As I can see, it's not possible to use two bt devices at the same
>time, e.g. run brltty over bluetooth and also use a mobile phone
>over bt to contact an ISP.

That depends. Bluetooth supports the concept of a serial port, and uses a
specific channel as the default value for that port. If both devices are trying
to use the same channel then you'll have a collision. That's entirely possible
since the braille display is using serial I/O and since phones typically use
ppp (which is done over a serial connection). There's probably a way within the
phone to select a differnet Bluetooth channel (although it may not be directly
available via the menu), and Linux allows a different channel to be used as
well.