[BRLTTY] Contraction errors

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Tue Jul 25 10:59:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks for fixing good-by.

I've found the following errors as of build 2369:

daredevil (e-d sign wrong)

pineapple (e-a sign wrong)

--to the (to should be contracted even following two hyphens)

benevolence (should use the b-e instead of e-n sign)

beneficent (same)

bedraggled (should use b-e instead of e-d)

the a (missing space)

--and a (extraneous space)

antheap (should use e-a instead of t-h-e)

anthill (should be spelled out)

bullethole (should be spelled out)

"For the (extraneous space)

treacle (should use e-a)

peacenik (should not use e-n)

porthole (should be spelled out)

poleax (should be spelled out)

In addition, the table contains the word "benovolent". This might be a
misspelling of benevolent (but it might not be...).

Note that each of these was reported singly with documentation over the past
several months.

Although some of these don't appear in the dictionary, I found them in
legitimate published books. Antheap and anthill, for example, are in The
Story of an African Farm by Olive Schreiner.

Please let me know if I made any mistakes and if there's anything I can do
to contribute more.

Thanks,

--
Lee Maschmeyer