[BRLTTY] Contraction errors

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 26 10:16:45 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2006/07/25 at 10:59 -0400]

>I've found the following errors as of build 2369:

These should now be all fixed except for the following:

>the a (missing space)

I don't think this is wrong. The other four equivalent contractions (and, for,
of, with) allow the word "a" to follow them without an intervening space,
therefore "the" should too (even though it's not a valid English word
sequence).

>--to the (to should be contracted even following two hyphens)
>--and a (extraneous space)
>"For the (extraneous space)

Are you referring to two hyphens in print, or to the two-hyphen braille symbol
for a dash?