[BRLTTY] BrailleNote + FC5

C D krizdo4 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 18:20:46 EDT 2006

Hello,
I was wondering how easy it would be to setup brltty on Fedora to
accept input from the BrailleNote. I noticed that the Linux kernel
change log for the upcoming release mentioned something about support
for Braille input devices.

To start I was hoping to give my friend access to computer games like
MUDs but then depending how well she likes using this, use it to
control a media player or other things.

I'm flexible about which OS to use but I said Fedora since that's what
I'm most familar with right now. However, if I'd be able to accomplish
this on Windows XP, that'd be nice to know because they allready have
a computer with that.

Eventually I'd want two instances of brltty running for a second
braillenote on another serial port for her brother who'd want to use
if it's easy enough to use.

Thanks,
Chris