[BRLTTY] BrailleNote + FC5

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 13 10:21:15 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by C D on 2006/06/12 at 17:20 -0500]

>I was wondering how easy it would be to setup brltty on Fedora to
>accept input from the BrailleNote.

If you use BRLTTY's BrailleNote [bn] driver then it just works. You do,
however, need to use the right key bindings to switch into input mode since the
driver starts up in navigate mode. Have a look at the help files in the
BrailleDrivers/BrailleNote/ subdirectory.

>I noticed that the Linux kernel
>change log for the upcoming release mentioned something about support
>for Braille input devices.

That's sopmething differnet. Being able to use a BrailleNote as a system
keyboard works without that change.