[BRLTTY] brltty with mbrola speech

Hermann steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de
Wed Jun 14 06:03:22 EDT 2006

Hi to all,
first I think I've to apologize: I'm relattively new in Linux, an I'm no programmer.
So my questions about mbrola an brltty may be naiv.
If it's to difficault to adjust brltty to mbrola, ist's better to search for different solutions.
To Dave: There are two conversion programms fo text to phonemes: txt2pho for german and freephone for english;
both are binaries, but there are uncompiled versions somewhere on the mbrola project sites, don't know by heart where.
However: It seams that they have been compiled especially for sbl.
Finally: Thanks for the tips regarding Cicero, i will check it out. It would be great if there's a german version soon to come.
Regards
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)