[BRLTTY] brltty with mbrola speech

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jun 19 00:52:14 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Hermann on 2006/06/14 at 12:03 +0200]

>If it's to difficault to adjust brltty to mbrola, ist's better to search for
>different solutions.

no, it wouldn't be. What we really need to do, though, is to make another
decision first.

There's already an application called Speech Dispatcher. It offers a general
interface so that the client needn't be concerned with the specifics of the
speech engine which is behind it. I've just added the SpeechDispatcher [sd]
speech driver to BRLTTY. What we need to decide is: Is this sufficient or
should we also add an mbrola speech driver? Note that Speech Dispatcher doesn't
seem to support mbrola yet, but, really, it'd be the better place to implement
the driver. Perhaps one of the Speech Dispatcher people is subscribed to this
list and can let us know what their thoughts are.