[BRLTTY] Catching PIN requests for bluetooth devices via dBus

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat Mar 4 13:42:18 EST 2006

Hi.

I just had another look at the bluetooth PIN request situation.  If
we wrote some dbus support for BRLTTY, we could easily catch
the bluetooth hcid PIN request message which is sent if hcid is configured
ot use the dbus_pin_helper instead of a program it launches
to prompt the user for a PIN.
This request contains the device over which the request came (hci0 for
instance) and much more importantly, the bluetooth device address.
In BRLTTY, we could match that address to the bluetooth address
of the display we are trying to connect to, and answer the PIN reuqest
accordng to the configuration in /etc/brltty.conf.  This would
close the loop IMO.

What do you say, is it desireable to implement this?  I'd be interested
to give it a shot.

--
CYa,
  Mario