[BRLTTY] buglet: uinput is not autoloaded

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Mar 28 14:45:05 EST 2006

Dave Mielke, le Tue 28 Mar 2006 14:17:55 -0500, a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2006/03/28 at 20:51 +0200]
>
> >They're focused on a device-driven udev, and don't see special cases
> >like udev.

I meant "uinput." of course.

> But, as I see it, this isn't a special case, and to view it as such is
> incorrect.

It is a special case because it is a driver for _virtual_ devices.
In udev's world, drivers for real devices are always loaded (and only
them).

Else, I do agree with you, and even prefer to have a static /dev for
letting my sound driver unloaded unless I really need it :)

Regards,
Samuel