[BRLTTY] Having problems...

Mark L. Melonson variant at pcdesk.net
Sat Nov 11 20:51:58 EST 2006

Greetings all,

I'm new to the list, so I apalogize for popping on here already with a
problem. I've tried googling for awhile to find answers, but came up with
nothing. I've read the docs, online and accompanying README and still
can't figure out what's going wrong.

I'm trying to get brltty up and running with my Brailliant just shipped to
me a couple days ago. I read that it is simply a rebranded Baum, so I
attempted to invoke brltty via:

# brltty -b ba -d usb:

I'm running Gentoo, and have tried both the portage ebuild as well as
compiling the official release by hand. I've also attempted it with the
serial interface as well as specifying the device on both.

Every time I end up filling my logs with:

write: invalid parameter
write: write in writePacket: Bad file descriptor

I once ran it with -n, and upong attempting to terminate it with control-c
the messages started scrolling faster until it finally seg faulted.

Am I experiencing a bug or am I just not doing something right? I
appreciate all of your time and consideration.

Warm regards,
Mark L. Melonson

---
"In chess, as in life we struggle to achieve that which is everchanging
per every move. The only constants? Ideals and principle."