[BRLTTY] Still problems with Fedora Core 6

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Nov 10 23:55:18 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Christian on 2006/11/11 at 04:47 +0100]

>when typing yum install brltty is there anything else i should type or answer?
>I have no sighted help so I tried typing yum install brltty and after some time i tried
>brltty -bts -dttyS0 but with no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Yum does ask you to confirm the package selections. You can bypass this prompt
via its -y (assume "yes") option. For example:

   yum -y install brltty

Also, you must be root to update the system, i.e. when invoking yum. You should
also be root when invoking brltty.