[BRLTTY] What shall we do with bluetooth passkeys?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Nov 14 14:26:53 EST 2006

Hola!

I just installed a fresh system and tried to get bluetooth working with
brltty.  It seems, the bluetooth tools finally removed the possibility
to easily define a default passkey, as far as I can see, the
only way to tell the bluetooth stack about a authkey is to write
a DBus client which does that (a so-called passkey-agent).
There is a simple example included, which can be used to build a command-line
tool to actually do it.  But this requires the tool to be started
so that brltty can establish the connection.  Should we fnally
make the core authkey aware?  It should be fairly simple to use
that example to do the DBus part...  If we want this, how should
the user specify the display authkey?  As a braille-driver-parameter?
As part of the device-spec?