[BRLTTY] What shall we do with bluetooth passkeys?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 14 14:55:30 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2006/11/14 at 20:26 +0100]

>It seems, the bluetooth tools finally removed the possibility
>to easily define a default passkey, as far as I can see, the
>only way to tell the bluetooth stack about a authkey is to write
>a DBus client which does that (a so-called passkey-agent).

I know they've been talking about removing support for the PIN helper script
and replacing it with a dbus-based mechanism. Surely, though, they don't expect
each user to implement a private command for such a common requirement.  How do
they tell users to define their PINs these days?