[BRLTTY] What shall we do with bluetooth passkeys?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Nov 15 03:43:22 EST 2006

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2006/11/14 at 20:26 +0100]
>
>>It seems, the bluetooth tools finally removed the possibility
>>to easily define a default passkey, as far as I can see, the
>>only way to tell the bluetooth stack about a authkey is to write
>>a DBus client which does that (a so-called passkey-agent).
>
> I know they've been talking about removing support for the PIN helper script
> and replacing it with a dbus-based mechanism. Surely, though, they don't expect
> each user to implement a private command for such a common requirement.  How do
> they tell users to define their PINs these days?

As far as I can see, they rely on the fact that 99% of all users
have X running anyway, and provide a graphical passkey agent by default...
However, as we already know, interactive passkey entering is a no-go
when it comes to configuring a braille display.  We need some way to make
this easily automated.  AFAICS, the DBus client code would
make this fairly easy.

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'
   `-